Server Technical Specification Working Session Minutes (2014-02-28)

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Fri Feb 28 17:13:35 UTC 2014

#fedora-meeting-1: Server Technical Specification Working Session
(2014-02-28)

Meeting started by sgallagh at 15:00:33 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2014-02-28/fedora-meeting-1.2014-02-28-15.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
- ---------------
* roll call  (sgallagh, 15:00:48)

* Logging  (mitr, 15:32:40)
  * "Server will by default store log files locally, and to the maximum
    extent possible support sending full log data to an external server.
    For writing to logs, we recommend the syslog or journal APIs, rather
    than managing application-specific log files.  An API for reading
    the logs will be provided through OpenLMI. We will use rsyslog for
    forwarding data to a central server.  Programs using the recommended
    APIs will have th  (sgallagh, 16:00:31)
  * Doc will be updated but left unapproved until voting  (sgallagh,
    16:00:53)

* System Installer  (sgallagh, 16:02:23)
  * Updated this section to include note that kickstart (as implemented
    by pyKickstart and Anaconda) is the supported unattended
    installation mechanism  (sgallagh, 16:02:53)

* Firewall  (sgallagh, 16:03:08)

* Closing Remarks  (sgallagh, 17:05:04)
  * ACTION: sgallagh to fix up the draft and call for a vote by Monday.
    (sgallagh, 17:05:29)

Meeting ended at 17:11:43 UTC.

Action Items
- ------------
* sgallagh to fix up the draft and call for a vote by Monday.

Action Items, by person
- -----------------------
* sgallagh
  * sgallagh to fix up the draft and call for a vote by Monday.
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
- ---------------------------