Fedora Server Use Cases Prioritization

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Thu Jan 2 14:35:40 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Marcela Maslanova <mmaslano at redhat.com> wrote:
>> 6) ASK SOFTWARE COLLECTIONS WG The user must be able to easily deploy
>> and configure applications to supported high-value frameworks.
>> (Example frameworks: JBoss, Ruby on Rails, Django, Turbogears,
>> Node.js, PHP.)
> We didn't speak about easy deployment and configuration. We were discussing
> possibility of automatic packaging or updates of these packages.
> Do you have any specific goals for Env and Stack WG on your mind? Which
> technologies to use etc.

I think the "deploy and configure" aspect for specific server uses
(e.g. how to get from an application package to an installed and
running database and web server) would be handled by Server and Cloud
products; what we would like to get from software collections or
something similar is a way to _run_ an application (e.g. have all
dependencies available, without focusing on the web server in
particular), in a way that can be shipped within the Server product.
     Mirek