Fedora Server PRD Draft and call for participation

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 20:42:59 UTC 2014

Stephen Gallagher (sgallagh at redhat.com) said:
> The first deliverable that the Fedora Server Working Group was tasked
> with was the production of a Product Requirements Document. This
> document is intended to provide a high-level view of the goals and
> primary deliverables of the Fedora Server distribution. A great deal
> of discussion has gone on during the weekly Working Group meetings as
> well as on the mailing list.

Admittedly late, but...

Vision

Fedora Server is the preferred [community] platform for system
administrators and developers seeking to deploy applications and services
that use the latest technology on a stable foundation with effective
resource utilization.

How does this differentiate from the market position of CentOS (community
platform for deploying apps and services on a stable platform)? Do we care
if it doesn't?

Bill