Fedora Server PRD Draft and call for participation

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Tue Jan 21 21:01:41 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 03:54:28PM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Stephen Gallagher (sgallagh at redhat.com) said:
> > > Admittedly late, but...
> > >
> > > Vision
> > >
> > > Fedora Server is the preferred [community] platform for system
> > > administrators and developers seeking to deploy applications and
> > > services that use the latest technology on a stable foundation with
> > > effective resource utilization.
> > >
> > > How does this differentiate from the market position of CentOS
> > > (community platform for deploying apps and services on a stable
> > > platform)? Do we care if it doesn't?
> > >

> > *latest technology* on a stable foundation.
> >
> > Basically, we're committing to focusing on stable support of newer
> > tech than CentOS does (at the time of this writing).
>
> OK, that's a very small point of differentiation, though. (espeically once
> CentOS variants gets going.)

  True, but we can't care about every third party distribution out there.
If someone want to describe their distribution as focused on "friends,
first, features and freedom", then we shouldn't modify our slogan just
to be different.

--
Tomasz Torcz               RIP is irrevelant. Spoofing is futile.
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     Your routes will be aggreggated. -- Alex Yuriev