Fedora Server PRD Draft and call for participation

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Wed Jan 22 00:07:49 UTC 2014

> On Jan 21, 2014, at 7:04 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 01/21/2014 11:08 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
>> You're moving from the specific to the general without justification.
>> You made a specific assertion: that Stephen's mail proved your theory of
>> what's happening here. I'm challenging that specific assertion relating
>> to Stephen's mail
>
> "at the time of this writing" is the specific which implies it can be altered by centOS direction which we should not be influenced by.

You got that backwards. It was meant to imply the exact opposite: that if CentOS were to change its direction and suddenly go bleeding edge, it would not affect the content of this statement. Apologies if that was unclear.

> The answer to Bill's question should have been a firm "we do not care what centOS direction is nor will we change our if they directly conflict with each other." since anything outside that implies that whatever direction centOS chooses for themselves or Red Hat for them will directly influence our direction as well.

Which as I note above was what I was actually shooting for, but apparently was not sufficiently clear.

In short, I agree wholeheartedly.