Fedora server implementation straw man

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 28 02:06:31 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:33:30AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> * The roles use cockpit to manage and configure the server role post
>   install. If there's a way (not sure if there is), we could look at
>   adding a anaconda 'spoke' for the server install that runs this at
>   install time for folks that want to configure then? Or on firstboot.

As I understand it, yes, that could be a thing. Possibly even a new "hub",
with spokes for each selected server role, if chosing more than one is a
supported configuration. Bonus: the same code can be used in firstboot, so
you can easily develop both or either options.

More here:

http://vpodzime.fedorapeople.org/anaconda-addon-development-guide