Server WG Meeting Minutes (2014-06-03)

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Tue Jun 3 16:01:05 UTC 2014

#fedora-meeting-1: Server Working Group Weekly Meeting (2014-06-03)

Meeting started by sgallagh at 15:00:58 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2014-06-03/fedora-meeting-1.2014-06-03-15.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
- ---------------
* roll call  (sgallagh, 15:01:10)

* Agenda  (sgallagh, 15:06:16)
  * Agenda Topic: Branding and Design  (sgallagh, 15:06:37)
  * Agenda Topic: ARM support  (sgallagh, 15:06:46)
  * Agenda Topic: Scheduling  (sgallagh, 15:07:16)

* Scheduling  (sgallagh, 15:09:07)
  * AGREED: Request a two-week extension on Alpha Submission Freeze,
    noting that this is blocker-criteria functionality (+5, 0, -0)
    (sgallagh, 15:25:45)

* Branding and Design  (sgallagh, 15:26:00)

* ARM Support  (sgallagh, 15:30:24)
  * ARM was overlooked when we defined our deliverable media  (sgallagh,
    15:31:45)
  * dgilmore has been working on changes to anaconda and uboot that will
    allow us to use installer-based deployment for ARM platforms in
    Fedora 21  (adamw, 15:34:07)
  * pwhalen has tested this on Wandboard and Cubietruck, but notes
    Beaglebones do not have sufficient RAM for installation  (adamw,
    15:34:46)
  * AGREED: Fedora Server will provide support for those 32-bit ARM
    architectures that can be installed using anaconda.  (sgallagh,
    15:44:47)
  * The ARM SIG is perfectly welcome to produce image-based Spins that
    aren't part of our blocking media set  (sgallagh, 15:44:59)
  * ACTION: sgallagh to update the PRD and Technical Specification
    (sgallagh, 15:45:21)

* Open Floor  (sgallagh, 15:46:00)

Meeting ended at 15:58:53 UTC.

Action Items
- ------------
* sgallagh to update the PRD and Technical Specification

Action Items, by person
- -----------------------
* sgallagh
  * sgallagh to update the PRD and Technical Specification
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
- ---------------------------