Second draft of server criteria, questions (was Re: Initial set of proposed release criteria for Server product)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 22:55:09 UTC 2014

> On Wed, 2014-06-11 at 17:14 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Fri, 2014-06-06 at 15:55 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > Hi, folks. Here's my initial dump of proposed release criteria specific
> > > to Server. This is primarily a Server WG responsibility (per the draft
> > > test plan -
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_Fedora_21_test_plan -
> > > and the discussion of same), but CCing test@ as I know some folks there
> > > will be interested. Please ensure follow-ups *at least* go to server@
> > > (no follow-ups only to test at .)
> >
> > I've now cleaned up three of the proposed criteria and posted them in
> > the 'stock format' here:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_server_release_criteria
>
> I've revised this page again today based on the feedback received so
> far. Notably, I've tried to make the requirement for both ends of log
> forwarding to work more clear - I'm still assuming this is actually what
> we want, if we only want to mandate client not server, someone speak up.
> I added the remote authentication criterion, with a requirement that it
> be possible at install time but a stipulation that only being possible
> non-interactively (via kickstart) is fine. I removed the explicit
> requirement as regards how conflicts between Role and user-specified
> firewall config should be resolved.

Today I've revised the criteria again, adding a set of server role
criteria derived from the tech spec. That URL again:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Adamwill/Draft_server_release_criteria

review would be appreciated.

Should we include a criterion requiring remote management of server
roles on a Fedora Server machine to work? How do we envisage this being
configured - at install time? Immediately post-install? From kickstart?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey