What's in a name?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 17:01:49 UTC 2014

On 14 June 2014 12:50, Simo Sorce <simo at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-06-13 at 13:09 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > Now that we've got a pretty good idea of what the Role API needs to
> > look like, we need to start putting together the daemon to control it.
> > Any good open-source project needs a name, so here's where you get to
> > make your recommendations :)
> >
> > So far, I've got:
> >  * "RoleD" - Keeping with a recent theme in Fedora
> >  * "thespian" - Synonym for actor/actress, or "someone who plays
> > multiple roles"
> >
> > What's your best idea?
> >
> > Once we come up with a name, I'll set up a Fedora Hosted project to
> > track it. Let's get as many suggestions as we can by Tuesday's WG
> > meeting and then select it there.
>
> As an alternative also Rolekit, Rolemgr, RoleManager ?

If this is going to be sent to desktop.org or other OS's for adoption then
I might go with RoleKit (I have run into enough people who get miffed if a
kit isn't cross platform to figure it is considered a sort of trade term
for that.) If not RoleManager would be better as it covers what it is
supposed to do.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.