Initial set of proposed release criteria for Server product - Resource Limitations

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jun 16 19:41:35 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-06-16 at 12:51 -0400, Russell Doty wrote:
> Do we want applications to perform resource management during
> installation and configuration?
>
> For example:
>
> * Specify maximum CPU utilization
> * Specify maximum memory utilization
> * Specify maximum network bandwidth
> * If threaded, specify maximum number of threads
> * Specify maximum number of file handles
>
> Any other resource contention or exhaustion cases we might want to deal
> with?

That goes rather beyond the current technical specification. It's not a
good idea to do product design via release criteria; it's rather going
the wrong way around. It'd be best to propose these in a separate thread
as potential new aspects of Server's technical design...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey