Initial set of proposed release criteria for Server product

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jun 16 21:40:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-06-16 at 12:39 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:

> Per-role functional requirements are certainly something we could add,
> and probably a good idea, but they'd have to be done as part of actually
> creating the roles. We don't have a DNS server role yet, and it's not in
> the set of two roles planned for Fedora 21:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Server/Technical_Specification#Supported_Roles . Those are domain controller and database server.

So thinking about this some more, I think the way it could work is to
have the criteria say something like:

"Primary supported server roles must meet their functional
requirements."

and have it a required part of the server role process that server roles
*have* functional requirements - presumably we'll require some kind of
documentation of server roles, as wiki pages in a standardized
category/naming format or whatever, and the functional requirements can
be a part of that.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey