Call for votes: Server Technical Specification

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 02:58:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

> If you have serious concerns, please raise them immediately.

I'll +1 but my concerns are as follows:

- The Accessibility section makes no statements about Cockpit's a11y or
required state of a11y; is the web ui designed in such a way to be
usable by those using screen readers? I've not used it but with the
general popularity if JS frameworks that aren't necessarily
screen-reader friendly it is a concern.

- Encryption - I think this was raised elsewhere in the thread but we
should probably have a section to talk about encryption support (altho
we missed this in PRD :-/) This would affect the filesystem and install
defaults specifications.

- Appearance - ok maybe this is stupid but it would be nice to have
installed and configured by default a nice console font like inconsolata
or something like that with reasonable fallbacks for i18n.

- Backup - we talk about roles req lists of things to back up - do we
have a blessed backup system(s) we support tying into?

~m