Call for votes: Server Technical Specification

Andreas Nilsson lists at andreasn.se
Mon Mar 3 14:04:30 UTC 2014

> On 03/02/2014 09:58 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>
>> I'll +1 but my concerns are as follows:
>>
>> - The Accessibility section makes no statements about Cockpit's
>> a11y or required state of a11y; is the web ui designed in such a
>> way to be usable by those using screen readers? I've not used it
>> but with the general popularity if JS frameworks that aren't
>> necessarily screen-reader friendly it is a concern.
>
> This is a really good question, actually. I'm CCing the Cockpit
> development list to get a response from them.

Hi, good question! We in the Cockpit team haven't really talked about
before. Thanks for bringing it up!
The framework we're using in Cockpit is Patternfly [1] that buils on top
of Bootstrap [2], and it seems there is a plugin available that makes
things vastly better for screen readers.
https://www.paypal-engineering.com/2014/01/28/bootstrap-accessibility-plugin-making-the-popular-web-development-framework-better/

1. https://www.patternfly.org/
2. http://getbootstrap.com/

- Andreas