Call for votes: Server Technical Specification

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Mon Mar 3 15:09:06 UTC 2014

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Server/Technical_Specification

<snip>

> What we need right now is a vote of the Server Working Group
> membership whether we feel this document is in sufficiently good shape
> to send to FESCo, who intends to use it to gauge estimates for the
> Fedora 21 schedule.

+1.

Non-blocking comments regarding the role definition:

   - "A mechanism to install optional components of a role after
   deployment." Do we really need this?  Could we do without this complexity?
   - The firewall configuration: the mechanism to open/close ports
   shouldn't be a role-specific API; couldn't the role just provide a
   firewalld service definition, and leave the enabling/disabling to the
   standard firewalld mechanisms?

    Mirek