Docker, I can not start mysql

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 1 23:49:33 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-10-01 at 18:08 -0500, DiegoUG wrote:
> I am new on centos, I was in Ubuntu and my friend "yograterol convinced me
> to go over to Fedora was the best.
>
> Change many things, the problem is that mysql does not start in docker, in
> my local fedora was the same, but in Docker did not work, no commands are:
>
> # mysql
> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can not connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
>
> Local fix it as follows:
>
> $ sudo setenforce 0
> $ sudo service mysqld start

Apart from Stephen's reply, you should not need to do this unless you
are installing some kind of badly-maintained third-party MySQL. If you
use the Fedora packaged MariaDB or even the MySQL maintained for Fedora
by Oracle - package mariadb-server or community-mysql-server - it will
work with SELinux enabled. SELinux is one of the major advantages of
Fedora and it's a really, really good idea to use it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey