F21 Server Test Proposal and Questions

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Oct 27 12:12:17 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-10-25 at 16:38 -0400, John Unland wrote:
> Hello everyone, I am looking through the SOP for the test day. I have
> come up with a possiable date which is November 7th (Friday) for the
> whole day. Figured it would be better to do it all day so that the
> community can have flexability when testing. Also I would like to
> bring up test cases, since I came in a couple of weeks ago most of you
> know the system more than I do, so does anyone have any suggestions
> for test cases?

We probably want to have some free-form testing, particularly around the
use of Cockpit, rolekit and OpenLMI. Our strict release criteria are
covered by the release validation tests, so I'd really just like to hear
from our community trying out their favorite services as well (and
filing bugs if things don't work well).

> Also since it is a server without any DE do I still
> need to create a custom testday image? If so is there anything we need
> to add to the image itself that's specific to our test day?

No, the Beta install (or RC, if we're unfortunately still at that stage,
though I doubt it) should be perfectly fine.