Fedora Server lifecycle

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 21:47:57 UTC 2015

On 3 April 2015 at 15:39, Carlos Raúl Laguna <carlosla1987 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello to everyone,
> I have a question about lifecycle, i read the draft proposal
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Server/Proposals/Server_Lifecycle , but
> that is 2013 old ? Any actual news on this, i am about to deploy a
> freeipa environment in one hand i have centos 7 ipa 4.1.0 and Fedora 21
> server 4.1.2 with several bugs corrected in the other can anyone point me
> some more recent direction in this topic. Regard

As far as I know, lifecycle is still the same as the main Fedora lifecycle
of one year from release. Part of this is that there is a lot still going
on in setting up the Server group. Trying to add in extended lifecycles and
such would happen after the basics of what was in Fedora Server were in
place. It also requires users like you to explain what they want in an
extended lifecycle and what resources they are going to bring to help meet
those needs.

Stephen J Smoogen.