chrony, ntp, timesyncd?

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 21:45:41 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-06 at 16:59 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-04-02 at 17:09 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> > I have Fedora 22 Server Beta TC4 (I realize TC6 is current0
> > installed,
> > and just today realized the date+time is wrong by 20 hours. I don't
> > know why it would be this wrong absent something to keep it
> > accurate,
> > however chrony is was not installed by default. It is installed by
> > default with Fedora 21 Server. So? Is this inadvertent? I think
> > something needs to keep the time correct.
> >

> Good question. This did not happen intentionally as far as I am
> aware.
> I'm looking into what happened.

Maybe I'm reading things wrong, but it looks like chrony shouldn't
have been installed by default on F21 Server either (at least
technically). The fact that it was seems to have been a happy accident.

The only thing in F21 that could have pulled it in was a conditional
in @standard that says to pull in chrony if the "control-center"
package was also being installed.

Anyway, I've just pushed a comps update[1] to add chrony to the
@server-product group (a catch-all for things we want in the Server
defaults that don't clearly fit into the @server-hardware-support,
@headless-management, @container-management or @domain-client groups).

[1]