Rolekit Weekly Meeting Minutes (2015-08-04)

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 13:24:59 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-08-08 at 03:20 -0400, Alex G.S. wrote:
> Team,
>
> Missed last weeks RoleKit meeting as my calendar was booked up, seems
> like I'll have to make that time available in advance. When is the
> next meeting schedule? Is it still on Tuesday and at what time UTC?

Meetings will be on Tuesdays at 1400 UTC, but we will not be meeting
this week due to the Flock conference.

> Also I'm currently working on Issue #17 [1].  Heard it was deferred
> until some patches land in python-systemd.  How does this affect the
> implementation of that issue?  For naming convention and location of
> where these unit files will be placed I'm thinking something like
> '/usr/lib/systemd/system/databseserver-rolekit.service' should work.
> I also need to work through particulars of how each target definition
> will be laid out in each unit file.

I commented on the ticket, but please use the unit file names we've
already got. What we're looking for is a straight conversion of the
existing code (just doing it in a more maintainable way).

Also, please take a look at
http://reviewboard-fedoraserver.rhcloud.com/r/178/. It needs a review
and then we can push it upstream. Until that gets merged into python
-systemd, we'll be carrying it ourselves, but the interface should
remain exactly the same once the merge happens.

So for your first step, I'd like very much if you could review that
patch. You can apply it to your local tree by installing the RBTools
package on Fedora and running 'rbt patch -C 178' (for more details on
RBTools, check out its manual[1])

[1] https://www.reviewboard.org/docs/rbtools/0.7/