Change Proposal to drop i686 in Fedora 24

Joonas Sarajärvi muep at iki.fi
Wed Aug 19 15:49:42 UTC 2015

Hello,

> On Wed, 2015-08-19 at 16:40 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> I'm presuming that is just for the Server Edition, just to clarify it
>> as it's not clear in the subject
>>

> Yes, this proposal is just for the Server Edition. The Change Proposal
> page should state that clearly, sorry for leaving it out of the
> subject.

My impression is that all the non-live installation media are
currently somewhat under the Server flavour, even if they seem capable
of doing non-Server installations.

Would this change leave i686 with only the kind of install media that
installs a desktop environment?

I think most of my server-ish Fedora installations are "nonproduct"
ones, so it would not affect me much if the stuff specific to Server
flavour is not available on i686. But I'd really want to have some
means of making a minimal nonproduct i686 installation.

Thanks,

-Joonas