Is the text on for the server product on getfedora.org OK?

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Aug 25 17:38:00 UTC 2015

Hi Ankur,

On 08/21/2015 09:54 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> As part of this, we'd like the product WGs to please go over the text
> on getfedora.org and see if the text is OK or if they'd like to update
> it before F23. The idea here is to keep the text on the websites and
> the flyers in sync for a better, more uniform marketing system.
>
> Could this rather tiny task please be put on the WG's agenda? I'll
> file trac tickets if required :)

Here is the commit to the f23-alpha branch of fedora-web with the changes:

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/fedora-web.git/commit/?h=f23-alpha&id=c9ea458b85431f0299c185bac2b9c0b5f157ae20

Here is the full text of the revised site:

====

Fedora Server

The latest technology. A stable foundation. Together, for your
applications and services.

---

     “The simplicity introduced with rolekit and cockpit have made
server deployments a breeze. What took me a few days on other operating
systems took less than an hour with Fedora 22 Server. It just works.”
     Dan Mossor, Systems Engineer

---

Fedora Server is a short-lifecycle, community-supported server operating
system that enables seasoned system administrators experienced with any
OS to make use of the very latest server-based technologies available in
the open source community.

---

Easy Administration

Manage your system simply with Cockpit's powerful, modern interface.
View and monitor system performance and status, and deploy and manage
container-based services.

---

Server Roles

There's no need to set up your server from scratch when you use server
roles. Server roles plug into your Fedora Server system, providing a
well-integrated service on top of the Fedora Server platform. Deploy and
manage these prepared roles simply using the Rolekit tool.

---

Database Services

Fedora Server brings with it an enterprise-class, scalable database
server powered by the open-source PostgreSQL project.

---

Complete Enterprise Domain Solution

Level up your Linux network with advanced identity management, DNS,
certificate services, Windows(TM) domain integration throughout your
environment with FreeIPA, the engine that drives Fedora Server's Domain
Controller role.

---

[! this quote pending some edits]

     “The Docker Role for Fedora Server was simple and fast to install
so that you can run your Docker images. This makes a great testbed for
beginners and experts with docker so that they can develop their
applications on the fly.”
     John Unland, Information Systems Student

====

On top of this, we discussed support information that would surely be
needed for the flyer. For support, we advise users either contact the
Fedora Server WG via #fedora-server on irc.freenode.net or
server at lists.fedoraproject.org.

There is currently no documentation available for the core features of
Server.

~m