network time default, f23

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Aug 31 18:48:37 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Tomasz Torcz <tomek at pipebreaker.pl> wrote:

>   IMO FreeIPA should be changed to install use chrony as server,
> as chrony is default since few Fedora releases.

The pluses of chrony as an ntp client for Workstation are fairly
clear. I don't know if there are significant advantages to chrony as
an ntp server over ntpd.

>   Those are two different things. Timesyncd is simple SNTP client (plus
> time restoration over reboot, for things without RTC).

Is an exception needed for ARM where it's more common to find no RTC?
That is, on ARM, have a different ntp client by default? Or is it
possible to detect the lack of an RTC, and that causes chronyd/ntpd to
be disabled, and timesyncd to be enabled?

--
Chris Murphy