Server SIG Weekly Meeting Minutes (2014-01-06)

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Tue Jan 6 16:58:36 UTC 2015

#fedora-meeting-1: Server SIG Weekly Meeting (2014-01-06)

Meeting started by sgallagh at 16:00:27 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2015-01-06/fedora-meeting-1.2015-01-06-16.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* roll call  (sgallagh, 16:00:27)

* Agenda  (sgallagh, 16:03:21)
  * Agenda Item: ARM Support  (sgallagh, 16:03:21)
  * Agenda Item: Database Server Role Design  (sgallagh, 16:03:21)

* ARM Support  (sgallagh, 16:05:18)
  * LINK:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F21/Installation#For_Versatile_Express_Emulation_with_QEMU
    (pwhalen, 16:09:15)
  * LINK:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/F21/Installation#For_Versatile_Express_Emulation_with_QEMU
    (sgallagh, 16:09:25)
  * Need to coordinate with Websites and Docs folks to have installation
    resources easily discoverable, ideally from the download page
    (sgallagh, 16:11:56)
  * Better documentation on PXE deployment of ARM is important. May lead
    to the creation of an ARM Deployment Role to simplify the process.
    (sgallagh, 16:22:23)
  * ACTION: sgallagh to try setting up an ARM qemu VM  (sgallagh,
    16:30:15)

* Website Team Update  (sgallagh, 16:32:42)
  * LINK: https://getfedora.org/en/server/   (sgallagh, 16:33:53)
  * LINK: https://getfedora.org/en/server/download/   (sgallagh,
    16:33:58)
  * For F21 we stay the course re: netiso, for F22 we have a link on
    each of the flavor download pages to a common netiso image, which
    users will have to pick the correct flavor env group in anaconda or
    just ks  (sgallagh, 16:51:05)
  * sgallagh will keep mizmo in the loop re: if/when we add a DL link
    for arm image on getfedora.org/server  (mizmo, 16:51:57)

* Open Floor  (sgallagh, 16:55:25)
  * Happy New Year, everyone!  (sgallagh, 16:57:25)

Meeting ended at 16:58:13 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* sgallagh to try setting up an ARM qemu VM

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* sgallagh
  * sgallagh to try setting up an ARM qemu VM
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------