Rolekit Community Growth and public meetings

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Jul 30 12:20:24 UTC 2015

Up to this point, all of the rolekit work has been done ad-hoc
(primarily between Thomas Woerner and myself. I am pleased to say that
in the last week, rolekit involvement has grown significantly.

First up, Alex G.S. who has contacted me directly and will be working
on refactoring rolekit's systemd unit creation to use the python
-systemdunit library[1] (which should hide some of the ugly
implementation details from role creators).

Second, we have Nils Philippsen who stormed into the scene this very
morning with his very first patch contribution[2]. Thanks, Nils! I look
forward to many more.

With the team now starting to grow, I think it's time for us to
schedule a weekly status meeting and bug/rfe triage. I've created a
WhenIsGood[3] request that I'd like anyone interested in rolekit
development to respond to so that we can schedule this. We will hold
these meetings in public (probably on one of the #fedora-meeting
channels so we can have them logged by zodbot).

[1] https://github.com/libre-server/rolekit/issues/17
[2] http://reviewboard-fedoraserver.rhcloud.com/r/169/
[3] http://whenisgood.net/rolekitweekly