Change Proposals for Fedora 23

Dodji Seketeli dodji at seketeli.org
Fri Jun 5 09:13:35 UTC 2015

Hello,

Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> a
écrit:

[...]

>> > =========================
>> > == API break detection ==
>> > =========================
>> >
>> > === Benefits ===
>> > Provide a taskotron process that will identify API and ABI breaks
>> > for
>> > common languages when updates are submitted to Bodhi. If such are
>> > detected, we should disable autopush-by-karma. This will allow us
>> > to be
>> > able to better avoid incompatible updates in stable releases of
>> > Fedora.

[...]

We (the libabigail people) are working on this topic.  I am not sure we
can wrap it up for Fedora 23 (Sept, which is the data of the Beta
Freeze), but we certainly can shoot for it.

I sent a note to the devel list at
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-June/211160.html so
I guess we can keep discussing about this topic there.

Cheers,

--
		Dodji