Docker installed by default due to cockpit dependency chain

Václav Pavlín vpavlin at redhat.com
Thu Mar 5 14:13:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am not sure if that was intentional or not but to be sure, I'd like to
bring up this dependency "issue":

We've tried to install minimal Fedora with KS where in %packages was
just @core. This installed

fedora-release-server -> cockpit -> cockpit-docker -> docker(-io)

I understand why Cockpit is installed by default but I don't think
docker should be part of such minimal install..

My proposal would be to change the dependency so that
fedora-release-server
     Requires: cockpit

docker-io
     Requires: cockpit-docker

This would mean non-existent Containers page in Cockpit in minimal
install which would magically appear when the user installs docker.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Vašek

--