[Testing Needed] rolekit-0.3.0-1.fc22

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 19:23:06 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-03-26 at 14:24 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/rolekit-0.3.0-1.fc22
>
> Defying even my own expectations, we've released rolekit 0.3.0 today
> with full multiple-instancing support. I'd really like for this to
> end
> up in the Fedora 22 Beta which freezes on Tuesday morning, so if
> anyone who is willing can please download the Fedora 22 Server TC5
> that will be available in a few hours, update to rolekit-0.3.0 and
> try
> it out, that would be a big help.
>
> Some things to test:
>
> == Database Server Role ==
> * Install the first instance from a mostly pristine Server install.
> * Install additional instance
> * Install some instances with the default owner, others with a
> custom
> one.
> * Decommission them in random order.
> * Ensure that they can be reached over TCP/IP sockets
>
> == Domain Controller Role ==
> No obvious regressions. This is unlikely, since we didn't touch the
> Domain Controller role code and made only minor tweaks to the common
> code.

Just to clarify, you can create DB Role instances as follows:

 * Create a file something.json with the following contents:

{
    "database": "a_database_name",
    "owner": "an_optional_name",
    "password": "an_optional_owner_password"
}

Then install with:
$ rolectl deploy --settings-file=something.json databaseserver"

See rolekit.roles.databaseserver(5) for all possible options for the
JSON file and how they work.