[F24 Criteria Change] Cockpit Release Criteria

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Nov 1 09:23:12 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 5:11 PM, Dan Mossor <danofsatx at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm with Simo. I *DO NOT* want to place a burden on a FOSS operating system
> to be 100% compatible with non-FOSS software.

OK well seeing as we even have some issues with FOSS software A not
getting along with FOSS software B and there's no burden...

The question is: should Cockpit have a bug that prevents it from being
functional with OSX+Chrome, should it be blocking? What if it's
OSX+Firefox?

I would say a more practical, and permissive policy would be: should
Cockpit have a bug that prevents it from being functional with OSX or
Windows using any (Chrome, FireFox, or OS default) then it's a
blocking bug. The point is to make sure a Cockpit bug doesn't prevent
people on other OS's from using Cockpit and thus benefiting.

--
Chris Murphy