Soliciting Items for Server SIG Meeting Agenda (2015-10-27)

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 15:51:35 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:

>  * Server/Cloud interaction. It has been suggested that the Fedora
> Server should become the "standard" Fedora image in public clouds,
> replacing the old Cloud image. This is because the Cloud SIG is moving
> towards focusing on Atomic, but it would be good to have something
> more traditional available as well for people to play with. This
> really needs an owner who isn't me...

This is interesting to me, but I guess we need to know what the Cloud
Working Group thinks of this idea-  we can't really just go in and
unilaterally say "we're now the public cloud image as well!". I
suspect that there are some people that would think that the server
product is too big for the cloud image, and includes too much.

There's also the fact that it doesn't include enough (Kevin mentioned
cloud-init last week). Is the proposal here to come up with something
different for the cloud image, or to just ship the existing server
product as AMI's, etc? Is this a replacement or supplement to what the
existing cloud image is? Or is it just us taking over maintenance of
the existing image?

Just some food for thought.

-Jon