Beta Announcement Highlights?

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Sep 17 20:29:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-09-17 at 14:26 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 07:32:09PM -0400, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> > We're sneaking up on the beta release, and the readiness meeting is
> > tomorrow.
> > I need some highlights for the beta release from folks who are
> > working
> > on cloud, server, and workstation. Please send to me via email
> > (e.g.,
> > here) or add to the wiki here:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F23_Beta_release_announcement
>
> Hey everyone. We're getting down to the crunch on this and Joe can't
> do
> it alone. I'm going to set aside a block of time (say, 17:00-19:00
> UTC)
> tomorrow to hack on this. Join me in #fedora-mktg if you're able to
> help -- or just put things in the wiki. It doesn't even really need
> be polished... need content first.
>
> Desktop, Server, Cloud WG people -- we could really use your help
> with
> talking points. What are the coolest, best-selling features from your
> point of view? (For reference, the Alpha annoucement is
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F23_Alpha_release_announcement.) it's
> fine, but not super-exciting. Can we do better?

From the rolekit side of the house, we now have the ability to deploy
our available roles (Domain Controller, Database Server and Cache
Server as of now) from anaconda's kickstart.

`rolectl deploy roletype --name=instancename --deferred`

Stef Walter is going to chime in with comments about the Cockpit
changes.

As much as I hate having features land post-Beta, we've also got some
majorly-cool stuff arriving for FreeIPA in Final (it didn't quite make
the Beta cutoff, unfortunately).