Agenda item proposal -- Explore the possibilities of SCAP for the benefits of Fedora Server WG (whole Fedora)

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 13:31:43 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-09-18 at 08:30 -0400, Jan Lieskovsky wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
>   (not sure this is the expected way how to propose a new meeting
> agenda item
> for some of the future WG meetings. If not, kindly point me to the
> right way.
> Thanks).

This is exactly the right way to go about it.

>   Would like to propose item -- explore the possibilities of SCAP for
> the
>   benefits of Fedora Server WG
>
>   Purpose of the meeting:
>   * we would like to introduce the SCAP Security Guide project /
> OpenSCAP ecosystem
>     to the WG (the set of packages we are currently working at),
>   * issues (related with functionality provided by the WG) we see
>     right now when developing SCAP content,
>   * proposal for possible cooperation -- in order to be able to
> enhance
>     the list of rules applicable for the Server product, we would
> like to:
>     * hear Fedora Server WG expectations on the content,
>     * share our expectations on the content && get feedback on them,
>     * maybe set up a way for more close cooperation
>
>   Our expectation is to present short slides (introduce SCAP to the
> WG,
>   what's already done, what we would like to implemented yet, would
> like
>   to hear your feedback on those, and areas where we need input from
> the
>   WG in order to progress better / more quickly [mainly related with
> which
>   tasks to prioritize etc.]).

It sounds to me like what we might want to do is schedule a WG meeting
in the near future similar to how the Council does its regular report-
outs: as a Google Hangout-on-Air that we record for people to watch
again later. That would allow you to give a full presentation with
slides and for the WG members to ask questions live.

I think we could book such a meeting for Tuesday, Sept. 29 to give
people time to prepare. Would that work for you?