[Fedora-sparc] Fedora 12 SPARC Status

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sun Aug 16 17:25:30 UTC 2009

Hey All,

Just wanted to give a status update on where things are with F12.

Right now we need to get the latest glibc built
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/builddir/build/BUILD/glibc-2.10-271-
gefa0569/build-sparc64-linuxnptl/debug/____longjmp_chk.o', needed by
`/builddir/build/BUILD/glibc-2.10-271-gefa0569/build-sparc64-
linuxnptl/debug/stamp.o'.  Stop.

most arches have ____longjmp_chk.S  we need it written for sparc arches

nss segfaults duging the test suite  this blocks xulrunner, jss and a few
other things from building

openoffice.org install rpmdevtools in the chroot, one thing it pulls in is
fakeroot which doesnt build sparc64. i think Excluding sparc64 for
Openoffice.org would be ok.

anaconda is building but will need a bit of work to work correctly. our tftp
initrd is 14mb  we need to get it and the kernel under 10mb to be able to
support net booting  or we need a boot loader we can load that will download
and exec the kernel and initrd.

there is still 1700 packages that need to be rebuilt for the mass rebuild. and
then I should be able to kick off koji-shadow to catch up whats been built
since. all the ocaml and mono packages need to have sparc64 Excluded since
mono wont work 64 bit and Richard Jones won't port and carry the patch adding
sparc64 support to ocaml.

That is a quick overview of things. I have one box running that has the F-12
tree on it.  I hope to upload the tree to the mirrors next week.  if anyone
wants to help address some of these please do so. Or stop in #fedora-sparc and
we can work on what needs doing.

Dennis