[Fedora-sparc] Issue with SBUS ESP?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Jun 1 21:24:54 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, June 01, 2010 03:45:04 pm Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> You'll also need to be really patient. It takes a long time for the ESP
> driver to detect the DVDROM on the bus.

I forgot to comment on this one.... with the 20+ minute cold boot time (just
from power on to the OBP, not counting OS loading) and five minute or so warm
boot time, I think patience is a requisite for testing on E6500 (or other
E[3456][05]00 boxes..... especially when the number of processors and RAM
starts going up.....).  A few seconds or minutes here or there to let the DVD
'settle' isn't that bad.... :-)