[Fedora-sparc] Fun with old machines and big disks

Patrick Ale patrick.ale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 14:16:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

I didn't try that yet but when I start parted I do see something that
might be of interest to the whole partitioning problem during the
installation, making the assumption that pyparted is a frontend for
parted.

parted doesn't show sdb3 as a partition, this will become problamatic
when you create more than 2 partitions I assume..

[root at medusa patrick]# parted /dev/sdb
GNU Parted 1.9.0
Using /dev/sdb
Welcome to GNU Parted! Type 'help' to view a list of commands.
(parted) p
Model: ATA SAMSUNG HD103UJ (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdb: 1000GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: sun

Number  Start  End    Size   File system  Flags
 1      0.00B  461GB  461GB  ext3

(parted)