[Fedora-sparc] F12 release plans?

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sat Mar 13 18:57:04 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 10 March 2010 12:51:48 am Jon Masters wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> This is mostly directed at dgilmore, but let me ask here so there's an
> archived record of my question. I am interested to know what the release
> timeline/plan is for F12 on SPARC? Not because I'm impatient, but
> because I want to just keep the box automatically tracking "development"
> and to know when to switch the "stable" image over. Will there be an
> updated version of fedora-release that also changes the repos?
>
> Jon.
The Current timeline/plan is when its in pretty good shape.

There will be a updated fedora-release,  the one we have now ships pointing at
F-12 locations but is missing the SPARC gpg key  since its not yet made.
  I need to buy some new disk so i can expand /mnt/koji to fit the signed rpms
in.

We need to fix anaconda partitioning. the latest iso X should start on pci
based systems.  but we need to test on sbus systems I believe we need to do
some work on detecting the card on them.

The latest 2.6.32 kernel should fix selinux.

One thing that would be helpful is people testing whats there to report any
issues that are encountered.

Dennis