[Fedora-sparc] SPARC Status

Patrick Ale patrick.ale at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 22:06:13 UTC 2012

> Actually you don't need SPARC hardware to build sparc64 userland:
> qemu-system-sparc64 boots Linux and may be fast enough for building stuff.
> It is limited to one CPU, but I guess a fast PC running qemu is
> consuming less electricity than an old sun4u machine.

Hey wow, that's a great alternative for at home indeed, thanks for that.
I tried to install the 12 Beta on a T2000 today (which is not at home ;-)).
and it panics during the kernel boot.
But Solaris 11 panics too with messages like "Exception handler
interrupted, please file a bug", so I guess I first have to upgrade the
firmware on this thing. (Which wouldn't surprise me judging by what I get
to work with).

More will follow soon.

Patrick