[Fedora-spins] high-level

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Mon Nov 3 00:02:21 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> So at a high level, how are we looking for spins for F10?  How many will
> we have, and which ones?

The Spin SIG regrettably has no control over what spins are or will be
in Fedora 10, but we do know which spins have been technically approved
in time for the Feature Freeze:

- fedora-install-fedora.ks
- fedora-aos.ks
- fedora-livecd-broffice.org.ks
- fedora-livecd-desktop-default.ks
- fedora-livecd-education-math.ks
- fedora-livecd-kde.ks
- fedora-livecd-xfce.ks
- fedora-livedvd-developer.ks
- fedora-livedvd-electronic-lab.ks
- fedora-livedvd-games.ks

All and all, a few permanent (install, desktop-default, kde), a few
returning (developer, electronic-lab, games, xfce), and a few new (aos,
broffice.org, education-math), I think so far the Spin SIG is the best
thing that ever happened to spins in general.

We've got a long way to go from here, though, as the Spin SIG has yet to
achieve the largest milestone -to be the one SIG that coordinates the
spin branch of Fedora products between the different groups involved,
with participants from all groups, that work as one.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip