[Fedora-spins] Broken spins not going out as part of Preview

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Nov 5 11:41:21 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> The Developer and Games spin both fail to compose due to missing
> packages.  They will not be shipped as part of Fedora 10 Preview, and
> run the risk of not being part of Fedora 10.

Too bad... I'm trying to find ways to deal with this kind of situation:

1) Compose, compose, compose and see what the results are, which would
need to be automated to prevent a maintainer requiring a random large
number of resources.

2) Allow --ignore-missing to %packages, which would be a bad motivator
to ignore

3) Have maintainers watch the rawhide change reports on whether relevant
packages are nuked from the distribution, which in fact is what they
should be doing already

4) Nuke the spins at the moment they appear to not be maintained
properly which would seem like a form of punishment I'm not in favor of.

What say you all?

-Jeroen