[Fedora-spins] Games spin is out for F10

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Nov 24 12:34:08 UTC 2008

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

> Regrettably, we have to drop the Games spin for a release with F10 GA.
>
> There has been problems composing this spin for F10-Preview, and there's
> problems popping up real close to release (which is right now). It's
> actually caused by a missing package (simple fix) but the real problem
> is whether the maintainer(s) fix(es) the problem and actually test(s)
> the spin.
>
> This seems to have not been the case for the Games spin over the course
> of the last few weeks, and once we hand over a couple of kickstarts for
> Release Engineering to compose, we need to be sure they do not run into
> problems for they lack the ability to take over the maintainers work and
> fix the kickstart -a workflow related thing.
>
> We (as the Spin SIG) could step in and nurture the kickstart, but not
> this close to final GA, and not if it causes Rel. Eng. to need to
> through compose/fail/feedback/re-compose loops for every fix that should
> have been committed by the maintainer already.

The problem with the Games Spin, or even the Games SIG, is that those started
out as Games SIG contributers are now mostly very nbusy contributing to other
parts of Fedora.

So if there is anyone who wants to step up and become the Games Spin maintainer
, I for one would very much welcome that.

Regards,

Hans