[Fedora-spins] Requesting technical approval for Sugar Spin

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sun Oct 12 09:43:14 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
>>> I've uploaded a new version here:
>>>
>>>     http://sdz.fedorapeople.org/kickstart/fedora-livecd-sugar.ks
>>>
>> Looks pretty reasonable to me, I see no objections in taking this in for
>> F11, could I get another +1 from someone?
>
> Sure but could you add a comment on why you are using slim in the
> kickstart file itself?

Sure! ;)

Well, we're trying to lower the system requirements for this spin as
much as possible, since we got several requests to make it boot on
machines with 256 RAM.

GDM is known to pull in quite some Gnome-related dependencies, which we
don't really need (since I tried to completely exclude Gnome). So we
discussed the use of slim instead of gdm and thanks to Marco's work,
we're for now including slim.

> You are using generic-logos but not generic-release.

Sorry, I should have changed this, yeah. Done in the new version.

> Also, you ks file seems derived from desktop ks so I would like to note
> that some more changes have been made in the original such as dropping
> GNOME games. You might want to look into rebasing it to match as much as
>   applicable.
>
> Rahul

I've now synced it against the latest desktop ks from our
spin-kickstarts pool and uploaded new version at the same place.

Thanks for all your feedback!

--Sebastian