[Fedora-spins] [spin-kickstarts] #10: Please merge fedora-livecd-kde.ks and fedora-livecd-kde-de_DE.ks into F-10 branch

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Oct 30 11:00:55 UTC 2008

Jens Petersen wrote:
>>  However, both commits are needed to get the images under 700 megs.
>>
>>  livecd-fedora-kde.ks:
>>  http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/spin-kickstarts.git?p=spin-
>>  kickstarts.git;a=commit;h=fd3884fe052208c4c0f28210de1e36a4914155c1
>>
>>  livecd-fedora-kde-de_DE.ks:
>>  http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/spin-kickstarts.git?p=spin-
>>  kickstarts.git;a=commit;h=d9bb91b3eff54876fe3ebec689fb83465ad0eeab
> :
>> Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/spin-kickstarts/ticket/10>
>
> Sorry this was my bad I guess (I am still learning/grappling with git a bit - perhaps someone could point me at some clues about handling merge conflicts more smoothly?).

I'm not actually merging whenever I pull "master" changes into the F-10
branch; I git cherry-pick the commits that I'm told to commit to F-10.

> "I could have sworn" I pushed the rest of my input-method cleanup patch a couple of days ago but seems I didn't <sigh/>... I will still do that for HEAD anyway but for F-10 since we are now into the freeze maybe it is better just to revert the "+ at input-methods" I committed Monday to fedora-live-base.ks?
>
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/spin-kickstarts.git?p=spin-kickstarts.git;a=commit;h=bd870f59d70eacb0362462976444381a7924f067
>
> Otherwise large parts of my patch to all the local spins will certainly be needed for F10.  Let me know what you prefer anyway...

If your change is needed for F-10 let's create a ticket and see what we
can do about it. However, as we discussed when you first submitted the
patch to the list, Release Engineering is going to use
fedora-livecd-desktop-default.ks to compose F-10.

In HEAD however, I guess we can nuke fedora-livecd-desktop-default.ks in
favor of fedora-livecd-desktop.ks.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip