[Fedora-spins] Background images of XCFE with Fedora

Danishka Navin danishka at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 14:23:24 UTC 2009

as Christoph suggest I am forwarding my mail to this list.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Christoph Wickert <
christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, den 16.08.2009, 17:05 +0530 schrieb Danishka Navin:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just want to replace background images for my Fedora remix.
> > I just added image and rebuild the desktop-backgrounds-basic.
> >
> > Seems not working.
> >
> > I do need to do any thing else.
> >
> > Specially I want to replace the default background images on
> > Fedora/XFCE.
>
> Hi Danishka,
>
> as this question is Fedora specific, I suggest you ask it on one of
> Fedora's mailing lists such as fedora-devel or fedora-spins.
>
> To change the background, you not only need to add an image but also
> make the symbolic link(s) /usr/share/backgrounds/default.{png,jpg} point
> to the new image.

i guess this is should be done in the SPEC file

and also I want to know....

02. How to replace Fedora logo with Hanthana logo.

03. Can we use desktop effects by default on XFCE? if not how?

> If you have problems, don't hesitate to contact me.
>
> > Thanks
>
> Regards,
> Christoph

Danishka Navin