[Fedora-spins] haskell spin submission for spin-kickstarts

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Jun 14 08:19:36 UTC 2009

On 06/12/2009 01:12 AM, Jens Petersen wrote:
> ----- "Jeroen van Meeuwen"<kanarip at kanarip.com>  wrote:
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Haskell_Spin
>
>> Just so that I get this straight; the aim is not to be released along
>> with the normal Fedora Project releases, just to be included in the
>> spin-kickstarts GIT repo and a spin-kickstarts package, am I correct?
>
> Right :)

In this case, I would like to argue once more for separate packages in
the Fedora distribution; nevermind the actual names of the packages I'm
using here, those are open for debate;

= spin-kickstarts (or rather; fedora-kickstarts) =

The official foo. For the current release.

= fedora-kickstarts-extra =

1) Snippets. Funky stuff you can do with kickstart (especially for
creating live images). These are user contributed sample snippets with
inline documentation in the form of comments.

2) Custom kickstarts like the one for the Haskell Spin. Still does the
official Wiki page and review thing, but doesn't get officially
released. Does not get board approval, thus needs to include a
debranding-snippet.

3) Maybe include the kickstarts for current releases. This is
cumbersome, I know, since rawhide might just not compose on F-current.
Maybe make this a -devel subpackage... Not sure...

Or, any other idea you anyone might come up with ;-)

-Jeroen