[Fedora-spins] I need content for your spin's webpage- by Fri Oct 16

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Oct 19 21:33:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 10:47 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Per the torrent server it received almost 1,000 downloads for F11.

But we don't know how many of those were just "download everything and
seed" people.

> More to the point, what is required for the spin to be there, that
> isn't/wasn't being done along the way?  Do the AOS spin maintainers
> understand that requirement properly?

I think all the required stuff was there for it to be there, but since
it uses a different compose tool it didn't get done in my compose
script, and I noticed too late for Alpha.  I then waited for anybody to
notice that it wasn't there any more, which nobody did, and decided to
play the same game for Beta.  Making spins is not a trivial task, nor is
hosting them.  If we aren't driving anybody to the spin or if the
absence of the spin goes unnoticed, one has to wonder if the time and
effort is worth it.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!