[Fedora-spins] I need content for your spin's webpage- by Fri Oct 16

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Oct 22 00:11:29 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 16:55:57 -0400,
  Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> >> There is some artifact in the images as they show up on that page. I am
> >> not sure if it is something with being in the mock up or if the final
> >> version will also have the same artifact. The upper half of each image
> >> appears to be brighter than the lower half with a clear line separating
> >> the two parts.
> >
> > The fade-out to white on the bottom? It's a design element I'm trying to
> > apply to all the banners (see the FEL and LXDE banners further up the
> > page) but it might not work very well for the particular design I went with.

I am not sure if that is the same. What I saw didn't look like a fade as there
was a clear line where the brightness changed.

> >> My only other concern is that you picked three 3d games. None of those
> >> are going to work for people that have nvidia graphics cards off the
> >> dvd. They will be usable with proprietary drivers if they actually install
> >> Fedora and then get the needed drivers from rpmfusion. This is more of
> >> a marketting question, so I don't think I know the right answer. But I did
> >> want to let you know about the limitation in case that affects what you
> >> think is best.
> >
> > Can you give me examples of games included in the spin that have
> > compelling artwork that doesn't rqeuire 3d? I'm mostly looking for
> > eye-candy to rope folks in :)

Mostly I play turn based stragety games. Mostly now all I have time for
is colossus, though I used to play a fair amount of wesnoth. Colossus isn't
quite as detailed as Wesnoth, but I still don't think it is what you are
looking for. I don't know that all 3D samples is really a problem. I was
mostly informing you of their status so you could evaluate whether that
was really a problem or not.