[Fedora-spins] I need content for your spin's webpage- by Fri Oct 16

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Oct 22 21:59:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 14:31 -0400, David Huff wrote:
> This is what I am interested in.  Can you provide the steps that are
> required to build a livecd, ie create/hack repos? run livecd-creator?
> verify images? etc...

To build  LiveCD you need a kickstart file that optionally includes a
base kickstart file, define package repositories to use, defines the
packages to be installed, and defines the post script modifications to
be done.  Then livecd-creator is called, referencing the kickstart file,
with a few more options to define what the iso is labeled, etc..

I think verification is built into the Live booter, but I haven't
checked in a while.

> Also what is the environment that you use to build these images?

Rawhide, an x86_64 host (use setarch i686 to produce the i686 images).

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!