[Fedora-spins] fpaste in fedora-live-base?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Aug 8 16:40:23 UTC 2010

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 01:02:54 -0600
Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 5:11 PM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Jan Kratochvil
> > <jan.kratochvil at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >> -1 as fpaste.org server has longterm unfixed bug blocking its
> >> usage on various clients and nobody can fix the bug as it is
> >> server-side bug: http://bugs.fedoraunity.org/server-bugs/27
> >
> > While this particular bug is fixed, it begs two questions (neither
> > of which I know the answers to):
> >
> > 1) Do we want to have something that points to non-infrastructure
> > maintained services and casts them in such a light as they are
> > "official" services in the default spin? We (Fedora Infrastructure)
> > don't have the wherewithal to fix fpaste.org if/when it's busted.
> > 2) If the answer to #1 is no, what is preventing us from hosting
> > paste.fedoraproject.org?
>
> +1 here.  If we use the fpaste client tool, it seems it could simply
> be adjusted in the RPM to point to paste.fp.o.

I know there have been discussions in infrastructure before about
hosting a paste service. I think the issues were:

- Dealing with the spammers is a pain.
- It's django based, and we currently don't have any django setup in
  fedora infrastructure.

> > As a side note, is the source for fpaste.org somewhere? I couldn't
> > find it looking at the site, but maybe I'm stupid. :)
>
> I wonder if fpaste.org is using an open pastebin software.  I don't
> see sources for fpaste.org anywhere, but I did notice that there is a
> django based pastebin on the http://fpaste.org/about/ page.

I think it is django based.

I will find out and update this thread.

kevin