[Fedora-spins] No lzma sdk in fedora

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Feb 15 05:58:12 UTC 2010

I did some testing of the dev squashfs and found it reduced the game spin
size by 10%. (This was a nonfunctional spin, since the kernel wouldn't
handle the lzma squashfs image.)
mksquashfs uses multiple processors for both zlib and lzma compression.
I made a spin using the dev squashfs using the default zlib compression
and it worked. This suggests that we can get the dev version into F13
without needing to wait until kernel support and an enhanced
livecd-creator are ready.
I still don't think trying to change livecd-creator to add features this
late is a good idea, but it might be OK to land it as an update after
a 2.6.34 update has landed in F13.