[Fedora-spins] Creating a new Distro based on fedora

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jun 7 14:28:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 13:09:42 +0530,
  narendra sisodiya <narendra at narendrasisodiya.com> wrote:
> I am developer from schoolos.org
> right now it is a ubutnu based distro. I want to port all these things to
> fedora.
> I want help.
> I want initial pointer.
>
> I want to create new fedora 13 based distro and here is my requirement
>
> * Based should be fedora 13
> * Want to remove some packages
> * Want to add lots of packages (you can view on schoolos.org)

The above you can handle with a kickstart file. Typically you indicate some
base kickstart file and provide a list of packages to add and remove.
livecd-creator is a tool specific for live images.
revisor allows you to rebuild install images and I think can also do
live images.

> * Changing all artwork like - logos, wallpaper, bootscreen, grub screen etc

I don't know all of the answers here. There is a way to swap out the
trademarked artwork for generic artwork. That doesn't get you custom artwork
though. But it does let you get something to play with fairly quickly
and you can make modified packages for artwork as you get time.