[Fedora-spins] Spin meeting results

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jun 8 15:58:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 14:20:19 +0200,
  Julian Aloofi <julian.fedoralists at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 08.06.2010, 01:21 -0500 schrieb Bruno Wolff III:
>
> > * recruiting  (brunowolff, 21:10:58)
> >   * ACTION: nirik will post on #fedora to try to recruit spin reviewers.
> >     (brunowolff, 21:13:27)
>
> I don't know what qualifications spin reviewers need, but I'd be happy
> to help avoid delays like the recent Moblin spin one, or things like the
> Fedora 12 LXDE spin. I have quite much experience with the livecd-tools.
> So if you need someone to test, or similar stuff, I'm available :)

Currently we are meeting on Mondays at 2100 UTC.

We don't expect reviewers to have all of the answers because nobody is
really getting to practice doing this. We expect reviewers to bring up
possible issues to the group so we can try to use everyone to help on the
sticky areas.

If you want some practice, Dan Walsh wanted some changes so that his sandbox
spin could derive from one of the one spins and he wouldn't need to track
package lists, but the changes are such that they would need to get looked
at. It would be nice to get the ones that are safe applied, and the ones
that are questionable brought to the group for ideas on whether they should
be applied or if there are other ways to accomplish the goal that are better.
This is in message:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/spins/2010-May/001101.html